I’m delighted to be the Keynote Speaker today for the Executive Network Group of Chicago. For those of you wondering “What’s Social Media got to do with me?”, today is a great event that you’ll want to join us for!
I’ll be speaking about how to use social media and personal branding as essential job search tools. Join over 100 Executives today as I dive into topics that include:
- HOW Twitter, Facebook and Linked In are Essential Job Search Tools…at any age
- REAL Life Career Stories from Twitter, Facebook and Linked In
- WHAT the actual number of employers that are on social media is (stats!)
- WHEN to log off the computer and engage in live personal networking
- HOW to create a healthier life style and lead to a healthier job search
- WHAT it takes to create a powerful personal brand (it’s easier than you think)
- HOW a clear personal brand can make, or break, your job search
- MAKE the most of your online time
Note: Members from the ENG “C” level group will be available to discuss your elevator speech and resume so take the opportunity to get quality input from senior executives afterwards!
After I finish, the ENG is holding three formal thirty (30) minute networking sessions to assist with target company contacts and referrals. Then it’s time to polish up those networking skills for some socializing and enjoyment at Peggy Kinnane’s Irish Pub. I look forward to seeing you this afternoon – please stop by to say hello personally – and if you’ve got a copy of my book “Career Sudoku”, I’ll be happy to autograph it as well!
DETAILS OF TODAY’S EVENT:
Time: 12:00 – 5:30p.m. (Keynote Session: 1:00 – 2:00p.m.)
Location: Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 2nd Flr, 500 N. Dunton Ave., Arlington Heights, IL
Cost: ENG MEMBERS $5.00. GUESTS are $20.00 for the day, which can be credited toward full membership if done within 30 days.
Pre-registration is not required.
12:00 – 1:00: Registration and Informal Networking
1:00 – 2:00: Keynote Speaker
2:00 – 2:30: Announcements
2:30 – 2:45: Break with Refreshments
2:45-4:30: 3 Networking Sessions
4:30-5:30: Peggy Kinnane’s Irish Pub (4 blks from Library)